Curcumin is one of the most promising ingredients for promoting balance between excitatory and inhibitory cytokines.* As a result, it promotes joint comfort, supports heart health, and provides antioxidant protection.*
However, curcumin is very difficult for the human body to absorb and what little is absorbed is quickly excreted. Large doses have therefore been used resulting in such unwanted side effects, such as stomach upset.
Curcumin naturally promotes joint comfort, supports heart health and provides antioxidantprotection.*
However, curcumin is very difficult for the human body to absorb and, what little is absorbed, is quickly excreted.MicroActive Curcumin was developed to address this issue through a micronized, sustained-release technology that allows for better and more uniform absorption and retention.Supported by two studies comparing it to other curcumin formulations, 12-hour multi-staged sustained release MicroActive Curcumin:
- Has superior bioavailability: 10x greater absorption than regular curcumin
- Reaches peak blood levels more quickly: 2 hours versus 4 hours for regular curcumin.
- Delivers two important curcuminoids: demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin.
- Provides sustained release over 12 hours
MicroActive Curcumin is dairy-free and made in the USA.
MicroActive® Curcumin was developed to address this issue through a micronized, sustained-release technology that allows for better and more uniform absorption and retention.
MicroActive® Curcumin provides a marked improvement over standard curcumin and turmeric powders and supplements with the following features:
• 10x more bioavailable than standard 95% curcumin
• Quick maximization of curcumin blood levels
• Sustained release for over 12 hours
• Delivers measurable amounts of desmethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin, both found in native turmeric
In a 10-subject study, MicroActive® Curcumin showed a Tmax of 4 hours followed by sustained release till 12 hours. Plasma levels remained high at 12 hours, indicating additional sustained release beyond that point. The results demonstrate the superior bioavailability of MicroActive® Curcumin, a reduction in time to reach maximum blood levels (Tmax), and sustained release for > 12 hours. MicroActive® Curcumin admininstration also resulted in detectable amounts of bisdemethoxycurcumin and demethoxycurcumin after a single dose.
The dissolution profile showed a superior sustained release profile as compared with the control and other formulations. After 2 hours, 10% of the dose obtained with MicroActive® Curcumin was released in the gastric fluid. By 12 hours, ~88% of the dose was in solution in a micronized form (<10 μm particle size). When combined with sustained release, this reduced particle size seeks to enhance incorporation into mixed micelles and facilitates overall uptake of elemental curcumin. Other brands showed lower dissolution at acidic pH (0–4% of the dose) and 13–50% dissolution by 12 hours.
• 25% curcumin concentration
• Made with organic curcumin
• Curcumin powder in a micronized sustained-release matrix
• Uniquely delivers three curcuminoids (curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin)
• No Class A solvent residue
• Yellow powder with characteristic odor
• Dispersible in water, soluble in methanol, ethanol
• Store between 10-25º protected from light, heat, moisture
• Suitable for capsules
• Improved physical characteristics that allow for easier processing into finished product
• Shelf life of 3 years when stored at room temperature